Whole Yoga Foundations Immersion/ TEACHING MODULE
This is a companion teaching module to the Whole Yoga Foundational Immersion.
This training is for teachers who are interested in:
- Sharing Yoga *beyond the poses* to students of all levels;
- Deepening your own capacity for practice, study and connecting the wisdom of yoga to your own life and teaching;
- Transitioning to a more transformative and student-focused mode of teaching.
In addition to the Whole Yoga Foundational Immersion schedule, students in the Teaching Module will meet ONLINE on Thursdays 1-2pm PST and will receive weekly:
- Reading and teaching assignments; and
- Prompts for self-study and journaling.
**NOTE: ADVANCED TEACHER TRAINING STUDENTS, THIS COURSE IS INCLUDED IN YOUR TUITION.**
In this immersion, we'll work with the following texts:
- Light on Life, by BKS Iyengar;
- Teaching People, Not Poses, by Jay Fields.
In addition, we will work from select portions of the following texts:
- The Bhagavad Gita;
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali;
- The Upanishads.
Kelly's immersions are multi-media and for every kind of learning style. Her immersions focus as much on the process of learning as on the content itself.
- The immersion combines source reading, supplemental reading, pre-recorded audio meditations, pre-recorded video practices, real-time online lectures and discussions (recorded for re-watching or for students who cannot join in real-time), a workbook, an online discussion forum and journalling prompts.
This approach follows an inclusive, constructivist education model to support what in yoga we call jñana or true knowing.
Kelly Sunrose, ERYT-500, YACEP, shares methods for applying the age-old technology of Yoga to 21st-century life. She offers her students tools for living deeply creative, empowered and aligned lives. Through extensive study with her beloved teachers and thousands of hours logged in her personal practice, Kelly clearly shares philosophy, movement, mantra, breathwork and meditation techniques.
Kelly’s offerings are intended to be a bridge between the traditional practices and the pace of modern life. She offers support to students who are as curious about the process of learning as they are the subject itself. She is transparent about her methods of learning and teaching and seeks to share these methods far and wide. She is a forever student of process. In her contemplative practice, in art and in creating consensus from conflict. Kelly incorporates these seemingly disparate elements to create transformative experiences.
Connect with any questions: email@example.com
Kelly is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider. By successfully completing this course, students may apply for 8 hours of continuing education with Yoga Alliance.
- Upon registering for this course, you will receive an email containing a pdf with more-detailed course information.
- One month prior to the course (2/1/2017), participants will receive a reading list and syllabus, plus all relevant course information.
- One week prior to the course (2/25/2017), students will receive a welcome email, invitation to join the private google group and any final logistical information that will make the course more potent and full of connection.
- Please do not hesitate to connect with Kelly about any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org