YOGA SUTRAS Immersion 2018
September 10- October 31, 2018
The Yoga Sutras are one of the central texts of Yoga. They consist of 196 aphorisms describing the states of being that are yoga as well as suggested practices for finding our way back into those states of being. Sounds juicy, right?! This is the blueprint for the esoteric practice: this immersion brings blueprint to LIFE.
Kelly's immersions are multi-media and for every kind of learning style. The immersion combines
real-time online lectures and discussions (recorded for re-watching or for students who cannot join in real-time), source reading, supplemental reading, pre-recorded audio meditations, pre-recorded video practices, a workbook, an online discussion forum and journalling prompts. This approach follows an inclusive, constructivist education model to support what in yoga we call jñana or true knowing.
WHAT YOU'LL GET OUT OF THIS:
- You will make that leap to LIVING your practice;
- You will KNOW the essence of the Yoga Sutras;
- You will CREATE a process for working with the Yoga Sutras and other texts;
- You will be able to SHARE your own wisdom of the Yoga Sutras with your students.
WHO THIS IMMERSION IS FOR:
- You want to bring your life into a HIGHER alignment;
- You want to know more about the yoga BEYOND poses, but have no idea where to begin.
- You want to connect to the NECTAR of the practice and bring it into your daily life;
- You are dropping deeper into your practice and want to CONNECT with other yogis;
- You want to increase your capacity for curiosity, compassion, JOY and ecstasy.
This immersion also is for you, if:
- You are a yoga teacher, looking to step-up your teaching by engaging students more fully in a complete yoga practice.
How do we do that?
We work from the texts to drop deeply into our own practice. We meet for study and discussion. We move and meditate. We reflect on the sensations that arise in the body.
We remember that we already are yoked.
We gather virtually from September 10- October 31, 2018
HOW IT WORKS:
Mondays, students receive an email containing notes, articles and questions for contemplation via email.
Tuesdays, we gather online for our weekly class. (This class is recorded via audio and video. The replays are available soon after recording.)
Wednesdays, students receive an audio meditation and other supplemental resources for home practice.
Kelly's immersions are multi-media and for every kind of learning style. Her immersions focus as much on the process of learning as on the content itself.
- The immersion combines source reading, supplemental reading, pre-recorded audio meditations, pre-recorded video practices, real-time online lectures and discussions (recorded for re-watching or for students who cannot join in real-time), a workbook, an online discussion forum and journalling prompts.
This approach follows an inclusive, constructivist education model to support what in yoga we call jñana or true knowing.
What Students Say:
"The immersion class was so good for me! I'm using what I learned on almost a daily basis." -- J., yoga student and new mom, on the Whole Yoga Spring Immersion.
"I have so much enjoyed the whole yoga experience. I came into this class during a difficult time-- feeling disconnected from myself, from others, from everything. Being able to deeply return to myself and to connect with others has been amazing!
About your guide:
Kelly Sunrose, E-RYT 500, YACEP, shares methods for applying the age-old technology of Yoga to 21st-century life. She offers her students tools for living deeply creative, empowered and aligned lives. Through extensive study with her beloved teachers and thousands of hours logged in her personal practice, Kelly clearly shares philosophy, movement, mantra, breath-work and meditation techniques.
Kelly has been pouring herself into teaching yoga & meditation since 2006, and has been practicing since 1997 years. Her offerings are intended to be a bridge between the traditional practices and the pace of modern life. She offers support to students who are as curious about the process of learning as they are the subject itself. She is transparent about her methods of learning and teaching and seeks to share these methods far and wide. She is a forever student of process. In her contemplative practice, in art and in creating consensus from conflict. Kelly incorporates these seemingly disparate elements to create transformative experiences.
Connect with any questions: email@example.com
To create a super-potent container for transformation, we have a private online community to share questions, practice notes and support.