Shakti // A Whole Yoga Immersion
Ready to drop deeeeeeeeply into the power & creativity of your own essence? YES! Keep reading. Ready to tap into the shimmer of your own divine feminine energies? YES! Good. This is for you. Ready to connect with your own radiance by calling upon our lineage to the elements? YES! YES! yes. This is definitely for you.
This immersion will remind you just how yoked you already are and will reveal the inner resources you have to return to that state over and over again.
The details : We gather virtually from May 6, 2018-June 26, 2018.
We'll read, we'll practice, we'll process it all together as a community of seekers.
HOW THIS COURSE WORKS:
- Every Tuesday, students receive an email detailing the plan for the week;
- Every Wednesday, we gather ONLINE for class from 1-2:30pm Pacific Standard Time;
- Every Thursday, students receive an email with homework, supplemental resources, guided audio practices and updates to the class workbook.
In between classes, students and teacher alike post reflections, questions, answers to a private google group to facilitate maximum exploration and connection.
A commitment to daily practice.
It is helpful (though not required) to have some experience with meditating. Connect with Kelly if you have questions about your readiness.
Kelly's immersions are multi-media and for every kind of learning style. Her immersions focus as much on the process of learning as on the content itself.
- The immersion combines source reading, supplemental reading, pre-recorded audio meditations, pre-recorded video practices, real-time online lectures and discussions (recorded for re-watching or for students who cannot join in real-time), a workbook, an online discussion forum and journalling prompts.
This approach follows an inclusive, constructivist education model to support what in yoga we call jñana or true knowing.
We will work with the following texts:
Awakening Shakti, by Sally Kempton;
The Radiance Sutras, by Lorin Roche.
In addition to other excerpts, which Kelly will provide, and a magazine-style workbook created by Kelly for this class.
WHAT PAST STUDENTS SAY ABOUT IMMERSIONS WITH KELLY:
"The space and the focus that were offered allowed me to really dive deep into the material. I appreciate having that container for learning. And I love how immersions and other online courses allow the opportunity to learn from teachers around the globe, to supplement our in-person teachers and our personal study." --student in the 2017 Bhagavad Gita Immersion
"The immersion class was so good for me! I'm using what I learned on almost a daily basis." -- J., yoga student and new mom, on the Whole Yoga Spring Immersion.
Kelly Sunrose, ERYT-500, YACEP, shares methods for applying the age-old technology of Yoga to 21st-century life. She offers her students tools for living deeply creative, empowered and aligned lives. Through extensive study with her beloved teachers and thousands of hours logged in her personal practice, Kelly clearly shares philosophy, movement, mantra, breathwork and meditation techniques.
Kelly’s offerings are intended to be a bridge between the traditional practices and the pace of modern life. She offers support to students who are as curious about the process of learning as they are the subject itself. She is transparent about her methods of learning and teaching and seeks to share these methods far and wide. She is a forever student of process. In her contemplative practice, in art and in creating consensus from conflict. Kelly incorporates these seemingly disparate elements to create transformative experiences.
Connect with any questions: email@example.com
Kelly is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider. By successfully completing this course, students may apply for 12 hours of continuing education with Yoga Alliance.
- Upon registering for this course, you will receive an email containing a pdf with more-detailed course information.
- One week prior to the course 5/1/2018), students will receive a welcome email, invitation to join the private google group and any final logistical information that will make the course more potent and full of connection.
- Please do not hesitate to connect with Kelly about any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org