November 1- December 10, 2018
Meditation Foundations is a space for the beginning and ongoing practice of yogic meditation. Over the course of 6 weeks, students will learn techniques for settling into "the seat" of meditation, practices for the progressively settled mind and a process for creating an enduring daily home meditation practice.
This is a space for transformation!
- Meditation Foundations is a blend of introductory philosophy, meditation technique and habit creation.
- This program uses audio recordings, video lessons, writings and illustrations to help you create a simple, daily practice.
- We meet as a group once weekly online to practice new techniques together, discuss home practice and share observations from our time on the meditation cushion.
How it works:
- Mondays, students receive an email containing notes, articles and questions for contemplation via email.
- Tuesdays, we gather online for our weekly class. (This class is recorded via audio and video. The replays are available soon after recording.)
- Wednesdays, students receive an audio meditation and other supplemental resources for home practice.
Kelly's immersions are multi-media and for every kind of learning style. Her immersions focus as much on the process of learning as on the content itself.
- The immersion combines source reading, supplemental reading, pre-recorded audio meditations, pre-recorded video practices, real-time online lectures and discussions (recorded for re-watching or for students who cannot join in real-time), a workbook, an online discussion forum and journalling prompts.
This approach follows an inclusive, constructivist education model to support what in yoga we call jñana or true knowing.
- Curious spirit and a willingness to engage in the project of meditating.
- No prior experience with meditation is required; however, there is no substitute for actual practice and success in this class depends on the student's willingness to actually sit down to the practice.
About your guide:
Kelly Sunrose, E-RYT 500, YACEP, shares methods for applying the age-old technology of Yoga to 21st-century life. She offers her students tools for living deeply creative, empowered and aligned lives. Through extensive study with her beloved teachers and thousands of hours logged in her personal practice, Kelly clearly shares philosophy, movement, mantra, breath-work and meditation techniques.
Kelly has been pouring herself into teaching yoga & meditation since 2006, and has been practicing since 1997 years. Her offerings are intended to be a bridge between the traditional practices and the pace of modern life. She offers support to students who are as curious about the process of learning as they are the subject itself. She is transparent about her methods of learning and teaching and seeks to share these methods far and wide. She is a forever student of process. In her contemplative practice, in art and in creating consensus from conflict. Kelly incorporates these seemingly disparate elements to create transformative experiences.
Connect with any questions: email@example.com