Just Breathe: A Pranayama Course
Pranayama changed my life.
I’m not kidding.
When I began this practice, I was so anxious, I had to take a bath in order to be able to sit still. My nervous system was on overdrive. All the time. I knew I probably should be meditating, but I couldn’t even sit still for one minute.
This was back in 2001. I had been practicing (fast-moving, vigorous) asana for about 3 years, running like crazy, pushing myself hard in law school. In my heart, I knew this wasn’t sustainable, but I didn’t even know where to begin.
And there was my breath.
The pranayama practice that first pulled me in was brahmari, or the bee breath. This simple technique actually calmed my flighty self down in a major way. I stuck with it. Things got a little less fraught. I was a little less fried. Then, I found nadi shodhana, the alternate nostril breath practice. This smoothed out more edges. I used this one a LOT when I was working as a trial attorney. I even taught it to a few of my co-workers under fluorescent lights in business suits.
Attending to the breath in an organized way is one of the best decisions I ever made.
From restless to calm.
From lethargic to energized.
From bitter to grateful.
How do you want to feel?
Calm? Energized? Grateful? In love? There’s a breath for that.
Pranayama can help you get there. Seriously.
The shifts I have (and continue) to experience through my pranayama practice are huge and teeny, tiny all at once in the best kind of way.
It is with gratitude for these practices that I created my very first pranayama course for you. Just Breathe. YES.
Just Breathe is a complete framework for a life-long breath-centered practice.
In 10 foundational practices, you’ll learn the skills for tapping into the unbelievable power of your constant companion: your beautiful breath.
Just Breathe is a comprehensive Pranayama course where I share my most essential practices for connecting with the breath.
This course includes:
- 4 videos to introduce the course and the practice of pranayama;
- 10 audio lessons;
- 1 practice workbook;
- 1 practice book;
- 1 closing video.
How it works:
- After purchasing Just Breathe, you will receive all of the course components as a download;
- Complete the course at your own pace and repeat all of the elements as many times as you like;
- Keep notes from your practice in the included workbook to support your yoga-science skills.
- Curious? Listen in for a free sample right here.
Who it's for:
- You may have some experience with pranayama, but would like a more wholistic approach as you dive deeper;
- You've heard of the many benefits of a pranayama practice (more energy, less anxiety, for example) and want to give it a try with an experienced guide;
- You know nothing about breath-work and want to lay a solid foundation;
- You have dropped super-deep into your own practice, but would like help learning how to assist your students competently.
What you'll learn:
- What is pranayama & how it fits into the context of yoga;
- Ways to approach your pranayama practice and finding what works for you;
- A practice for connecting with the body;
- Confidence in connecting with the breath-body.
The Fine Print:
- We hope you love this course. Email us immediately if you do not. Sunroseyoga@gmail.com
- The breathing, movement and meditation techniques presented in this program are not a substitute for medical advice, mental or physical. Before undertaking a new breathing, movement or meditation practice, seek the advice of your heath care provider. If you have a history of mental illness, please consult your mental health care providers before beginning.
You understand that it is your responsibility to judge your physical and mental capabilities for such activities. It is your responsibility to ensure that by participating in classes and activities from Just Breathe or Kelly Sunrose, you will not exceed your limits while performing such activity, and you will select the appropriate level of classes for your skills and abilities, as well as for any mental or physical conditions and/or limitations you have. You understand that, from time to time the instructor may suggest physical adjustments or the use of equipment and it is your sole responsibility to determine if any such suggested adjustment or equipment is appropriate for your level of ability and physical and mental condition. You expressly waive and release any claim that you may have at any time for injury of any kind against Just Breathe or instructor Kelly Sunrose, or any person or entity involved with Just Breathe, including without limitation its directors, principals, instructors, independent contractors, employees, agents, contractors, affiliates and representatives.
- No part of this course may be reproduced, copied or shared without express permission of the creator, Kelly Sunrose.
- All Just Breathe materials, along with references used in or related to the course, are the property of Kelly Sunrose Yoga may only be used in the manner detailed in here.
- These materials are for the sole use of individuals who have purchased this course or others as approved by Kelly Sunrose Yoga.
- As course participant, you may view and read all materials that are part of the course facility. You may also print any or all screen and pdf file pages for your personal use in taking the course, but you may not share, communicate, publish or in any manner distribute to other parties the course, readings, references, links or any other materials.
- The terms and conditions regarding use of materials apply upon purchasing the course, while you are taking the course, and upon and after completing, withdrawing from or terminating the course.